To submit your resume email it to: email@example.com
Please do not submit your resume unless:
- You have code you're willing to share with us, review, and edit during an interview.
- You are willing and able to work as a member of a team. This often means supporting and enjoying the success of others.
- Can communicate clearly and tactfully. Communication is most of what you'll do regardless of responsibility.
- Are willing and eager to continually and quickly learn new technologies and adapt to constant change.
- Are familiar with the Linux command line.
If you're motivated and smart but don't have direct experience with these technologies listed below, please reach out to us anyway. We value attitude, energy, and willingness to learn more than we value direct specific technical experience. Part of the job is to continually learn new things, we will fill in your knowledge gaps quickly through our internal training programs or mentorship.
Data Machines Corp. does not discriminate in employment, services, and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Cloud Engineer, Gaithersburg MD
Data Machines Corp. (DMC) is conducting cutting-edge data research in collaboration with DARPA and leading researchers from academia and industry. DMC also support efforts in multimedia analytics with one such position at NIST. In support of this effort we are looking for an experienced data engineer with a strong background in cyber data ingest/data-driven engineering, and experience with OpenStack (DevOps and SysOps), Kubernetes (DevOps and SysOps), Docker and Gitlab CI/CD (SysOps, Container Registry, and integration). The ideal candidate will have the ability to interface and work with a distributed team of senior developers and researchers. The employee will be responsible for the creation and deployment of a streaming multimedia processing infrastructure,
- BS in Computer Science.
- 3 years experience working with Data-Driven infrastructure and systems, including experience with storage in a high-performance cloud computing environment.
- 2 years of applied experience in computer vision or machine learning algorithms.
- Software development experience (Python and Go experience preferred).
- Proven ability to process a wide variety of data formats in a reliable and accurate manner.
- Ability to perform DevOps and SysOps on OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, and Gitlab.
- Ability to design, code and deploy RESTful API solutions..
- Ability to deploy operational code and document progress in revision software and UML documentation.
- Customer facing interactions require good communication skills.
- Prior research and development experience.
- Experience with recent streaming data frameworks.
Data Scientist, Annapolis MD
Data Machines Corp. is conducting cutting edge data research in collaboration with DARPA and leading researchers from academia and industry. In support of this effort we are looking for an experienced data engineer with a strong background in cyber data ingest engineering. The ideal candidate will have the ability to interface and work with a distributed team of senior developers and researchers. Employee will be responsible for the creation and deployment of cyber data management tools, data extraction and transfer, and incorporating enhancements from the feedback of a wide and skilled team of data scientist researchers.
- BS in Computer Science or Mathematics
- 3 years experience working with Cyber or Network data sets
- Software development experience (Python, Scala, and Go experience preferred)
- Experience with and ability to design relational and nonrelational data
- Proven ability to process wide variety of data formats in a reliable and accurate manner
- Ability to reverse engineer data handling technologies given limited information
- Ability to deploy operational code and tie them to custom data stores
- Customer facing interactions require good communication skills
- Masters or PhD with experience in data research
- Prior research and development experience
- Experience with recent streaming data frameworks
- Experience with distributed/cloud computing and big data
- Experience with machine learning methods and technologies
Paid Internship, Ashburn VA
Data Machines has immediate openings to provide paid internships for talented undergraduate computer science students. We offer competitive salaries and the opportunity to participate as part of a team developing cloud and data analytic software. Work will be in support of fast paced research projects related to data analytics and machine learning.
At Data Machines we work across the entire stack of technology and tasks related to big data analytics. Familiarity with software development, math, devops workflows, *nix operating systems, networking, security, modern APIs, and computational complexity are desired. A passion for data technology, an ability to work well with others, and a proven ability to write code are all that is necessary to participate and succeed. We will work with and mentor you to help develop and hone new skills as well as contribute meaningfully to important research projects. Technologies we work with include Python, R, Ansible, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, OpenStack, Mesos, Docker, AWS, GCE, and all technologies involved in a cloud or modern scalable dynamic web stack.
- Be a full time student pursuing a bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- A portfolio of software you've written that you can show us and discuss
- Be comfortable on the Linux command line
- Understanding of computational complexity and data structures
- Must be willing to participate in a government background investigation